Search This Blog

Sunday, March 6, 2011

Day 66-2011 : The Artist In Her

The lady is just unstoppable!  And the kids are loving it! 

She has been eyeing the walls for some time now.  Ever since we moved into our new house, my better half has been wanting to paint the walls in the children's room by herself.  Sensing that I might have no objections in using the walls as a canvas, she went for it.  And the result is an oil painting of Tom & Jerry in the children's room.  Quite apt, I would say.
 
Tom & Jerry @ Mumbai!

The walls are her canvas!
Noddy & Co. @ Chennai.
I think Priya is very good at this.  Of course, she has always been a performing artist, having been trained in Bharatnatyam for a number of years.  But this is fine arts and that is a completely different ball game.  I guess she has a knack for this too.  And this is not the first time that our walls have borne the brunt of her artistic expressions.  She had converted the whole length of a wall in our previous house at Chennai into Toyland! With crayons!

The children are imploring her to do Spiderman next.  Warli painting on another wall is on the cards next, I think.  She has been talking to me about it for some time now, to test the waters, I guess.

I think it is time to invest in a proper canvas!

Take care.

2 comments:

Venkysdiary said...

Fabulous work!! Kudos to her for the patience and dedication!!

Suresh Iyer said...

Thanks Venkat! Will convey the compliments to Priya.

Cheers!
Suresh