Search This Blog

Wednesday, June 9, 2010

Day 161 - My Experiment With Dieting

Did you know there is a cookie diet?  Well, I did not, till about five minutes ago when I was researching about diets and dieting plans for this post.

The reason I am writing about diets this week, is that, I was on one such diet for the past few days.  The diet plan, however, was a disaster.  I can, however, very conviniently place the blame for the disaster on the wrong timing of the diet!

Over the past few months my better half has been obsessed about her weight (like most women are, across the globe).  This reached to a point where she actually started gymming and swimming quite regularly.  Anyone who knows Priya would be quite surprised that the lady actually took the pain of working out.  However, as we all know, work-outs is not an instant formula for weight reduction.  According to me, my wife's weight has not changed much over the last couple of years.  She is not over-weight at all.  She just thinks she is over-weight.  If you ask me, she is just perfect. 

After a couple of weeks the situation became a bit desparate when Priya realised that she wasn't getting much traction with weight reduction inspite of the work-outs.  Then she turned her attention towards diet plans.  After much deliberation, it was decided that she would like to do the GM diet.  Of course, I had to give her company, as doing a diet alone would be quite painful.

So, off we were on our first diet experiment!  The GM diet, or the vegetarian version of it:

Rule: Day 1 :  Only fruits to be consumed, except bananas.
Result: Success

Rule: Day 2: A boiled potato in the morning.  Only vegetables for the rest of the day.
Result: Bad timing.  This is where we hit the first obstacle.  Everything was as planned till evening.  However, this was our wedding anniversary!  How can we celebrate such an occasion eating raw vegetables?  So I lured Priya into a pizza outlet.  I ended up having a pizza.  Priya still had only salads and did not succumb to the temptations of an 8 incher.  She was really serious about this!

Rule: Day 3: A mixture of fruits and vegetables.  No bananas.  No potatoes.
Result: Inspite of the disaster the previous evening Priya decided that I should continue to give her company.  Everything was fine till evening.  In the evening, another disaster.  Being a Saturday, we embarked on a shopping trip to a well known mall.  There, the golden arches beckoned.  This time even my better half could not resist the temptation!

Rule: Day 4:  Only bananas and milk today.
Result: Inspite of the double disaster, my wife wanted to push on with the diet plan and marched me off early in the morning to buy a huge load of bananas and milk.  We lasted on bananas and milk till afternoon.  After that all hell broke loose. 

End of the diet plan.  And my first experiment with diets. All due to bad timing. 

Not to worry, though.  Priya has pledged that this needs to be redone.  This time, based on the learnings from the first attempt, the seven days of the diet plan will be planned in such a way that there are no important occasions during that period!  See, it is all about timing.

Wish Priya (us) luck the next time around.  Take care.

No comments: