Search This Blog

Sunday, January 17, 2010

Day 17 - Or Maybe Not!

One of the things that I said I would focus this year was on my health. The week started with me hitting the gym. However, by Wednesday, I was down with flu-like symptoms. Now, would normally not be flustered by such an occurrence. But, given that there has been a positive H1N1 case in the neighbourhood a couple of weeks ago, we were a bit nervous. Medication was started. Have still not fully recovered, but it is not as bad as on Wednesday and Thursday. Blame it on the fickle weather, which has dogged Mumbai for the last few weeks. Chills, ills & pills.


But flu wasn't going to stop me from participating in my sons' first Sports Day meet! Had fun at the meet on Saturday. Suryanksh won a gold medal and I won a silver! I won it in the parents' race; if anybody is wondering if I have now started competing with kids! Priyanksh should have won a silver as well, but was disqualified on technical grounds (he dropped the banana!) :-)) Father and sons celebrated the rich haul of medals with a pizza party, of which the mother was also a beneficiary!
This was also a week where I met two long lost friends. Amol Parte (a colleague at a previous organisations whom I had helped in the early days of his career) and Gopal Rohra (classmate at school). Was happy to see Amol making good progress in this life. Has paid off all his debts, got his sister and brother educated and is now focused on completing his graduation. Gopal has done well in the last four years as well. However, his challenges due to not having full vision in his eyes continue. But he now looks like a veteran in dealing with these challenges.
Looking forward to a more healthier next week...
Take care.

2 comments:

Horizon said...

Well knowing you it wasn't a big surprise that you won a silver even when you were down with flu. When you can do that much , your son has shown what he can.Well you better watch out for fireworks when both Suryankash and Priyanksh start competing.
Well mothers are always beneficiaries ,after all they have endured long pains in raising the kids , so they deserve it.
Cheers

Suresh Iyer said...

Yes, that would be good, both of them engaging in healthy competition. Early signs are already being seen.