Search This Blog

Sunday, January 3, 2010

Day 3 - Ahmedabad Calling

The last couple of days, the first two of the new year, 2010, (somehow 2010 looks so much more aesthetic than 2009!) have been spent in my hometown, the place where I was born and brought up; Ahmedabad, with family and friends. The agenda: chill and relax! So, I stuck to the agenda and caught up on a lot of sleep. Taking a nap in the afternoons doesn't come easily to me, but I did exactly that for the last 2 days, which is in line with one of my resolutions for this year. Get at least 7 - 8 hours of sleep everyday, and more if possible!
One of the highlights was the dinner with Naren, Simran and their cute little daughter, Hridiya yesterday night. Had Gujarati thali at Mangalya at R3 Mall on Drive-In Road. The food was good; the drive even better. It has always been a pleasure to catch up with Naren and his family whenever I am in Ahmedabad. We missed Dhawal, Sumedha and their little son, Aditya. Naren, Dhawal and I were class-mates at school. Normally, all the three families get together at least once whenever I am in town. By the way, on our way back, we lost our way on S G Road...what else can you expect with Naren driving..:-))
One of the things that I have not failed to notice during my last few visits to Ahmedabad has been the tremendous work done by the local authorities and the state government in terms of infrastructure development. The recently launched BRTS is a great example. The pilot for the transport system failed in Delhi, but the Amdavadis are determined to make it a success. Also, the roads are great and getting even wider; at least in the new city area. Haven't been to the old city side for sometime, but I hear that the focus on infrastructure is all round.
Flew back to Mumbai today. Not the greatest of starts to the year.
1) A 3 hour delay for the flight; blame it on the fog! Have decided to take the train the next time when we go to Ahmedabad.
2) Once back home in Mumbai, Priyanksh met with a minor accident in the evening, falling down and cutting his forehead. Rushed to the hospital and was informed it wasn't too serious and will heal quickly. As far as he is concerned, he has already forgotten it as I see him jumping all around the house! Hyperactivity is the order of the day!
The new year begins at work tomorrow. Take care.
Cheers!

2 comments:

Horizon said...

Looks like the kind of start that you were looking for in the new year .

Suresh Iyer said...

Absolutely!