Search This Blog

Sunday, January 30, 2011

Day 30-2011 : A Nomadic Month

We are already at the fag end of the first month of this year!  Time is flying!

This month was full of hectic travel, largely on the personal front, but also for work.  The month started with me and the family flying back to Mumbai from Ahmedabad where we spent the last week of December and brought in the new year.  The very next day, we drove down to Pune.  Priya and the kids were going to spend the week at her mother's place and I was left to fend for myself in Mumbai for the week.  Life without wife; for a week!

I did get through the week by spending most of the time at work.  Food was on 'Delivery' mode, from a few restaurants nearby.  End of the week I travelled to Goa for an offsite meeting spanning the weekend.  An early morning flight (5 AM!) after a late night the previous day set the tone for the offsite.  The first day of the offsite was hectic and very productive.  The evening was spent having dinner on the beach along with some enthusiastic singing (mostly Amitabh Bachchan / Kishore K songs!) by the gang.  Some of the gang carried on the drinking on the beach after the dinner till very late in the night.

Sea food on offer @ Goa; none for me though!
The next day, after attending the reminder of the sessions at the offsite, myself and a few others were on our way back.  The others, of course were staying for the night as well, which I had to miss, as I had to pick up
the family from Pune on Sunday.  Hence I was back in Mumbai and on my way again to Pune the next day.  The highlight of this trip was opportunity to meet Rajee, Ashwath and Anjali, who are here for a vacation from Estonia after a long time.  We dropped them at Panvel on our way back from Pune.

@ Pune with the family. 
Lastly during the middle of the month, all of us went back to Ahmedabad for Rashmi's Seemantham.  A rush rush affair this time.  But it was great to see a lot of people in the family make it to Ahmedabad for the ceremony.
The Seemantham ceremony @ Ahmedabad.
It is said that whatever you do on the first day of any year, you are bound to keep repeating it throughout the year.  Though I am not a great believer of such superstitions, the evidence so far in January suggests that it might just be true.

Take care.

No comments: